Mission for healing


I got an email the other day from a sweet woman asking me why I am doing these conferences. What was my driving factor that was leading me to want to help others? I thought for a long time before I could respond to her, and then got busy working on other things, and then didn't respond at all. Then later I was looking for a video for an ad for the upcoming Boise conference and I ran into this.

I pressed play, and as I listened to myself tell the story of my past I remembered all the pain, but also all of the healing I have found. So in response to her email . . . this is why. Because I have felt the pain that many other people are facing every single day. I have felt broken to my core, and feared I was unfixable. Overcoming that lie has been my greatest feat, and with that knowledge I have the privilege to share that healing journey with others.

So that is why these conferences are so important to me. I never want anyone to live in the lie that they are unfixable, that they are defined by their past, by fear, or by trauma. We can overcome the past. We can live life unbroken, and we can heal. So my fight to help others heal came from my personal battle for peace. Forgiveness is real. Hope is possible. Life is about so much more than avoiding sin and scraping by. Life can be beautiful and whole again.